OFFICIAL RULES OF THE ANIMAL VOYAGE WIKI
Updated: June 19, 2016
Hello, and welcome to the Animal Voyage Wiki! The Animal Voyage Wiki is an editable encyclopedia about anything relating to Animal Voyage. However, like any wiki, we have rules! These rules apply to everyone. You must follow these or face consequences. A first or second violation will call for a warning. If the user continues to do the same thing continuously, he/she may get banned.
- No cursing of any kind is allowed on pages.
- No vandalism on any page.
- No bossing people around (making blog posts about what people should do, telling others what to do, acting mean towards people because they didn't do the right thing, ect). We all want the best for the Wiki, and a bossy person is not a great addition to the Wiki.
- Do not put nonsense posts or go off-topic on official threads.
- Do not write rude comments (telling someone to die, using bad words, etc). This applies to blogs and threads. Only minor curses such as crap, hell, piss (in moderation) and damn are allowed.
- Respect other users of the Wiki. No insults directed at other users will be tolerated.
- No discrimination or slurs based on race, gender, religion, etc.
- Absolutely no inappropiate links, images or text of any kind. Try to keep things family-friendly or PG. (Things such as blood, minor curses, etc are not allowed on mainspace/articles. People of all ages from all over the world can read articles.)
- Do not share or request the personal info of any user. It's only okay to share if the user in question is okay with it and has expressed their consent.
- Rollbacks/Admins: Do not use the rollback tool to revert good faith edits. All reversions of good faith edits must have an edit summary explaining why it was reverted.
- Do not use a secondary account (known as a "sockpuppet") to affect the outcome of votes or circumvent bans.
- Users are responsible for what happens to their account. Try not to place the blame on family members, hackers or anybody else, as this will be rarely accepted.
- Before creating a new page, check for existing ones that cover the same topic.
- Do not create pages unrelated to Animal Voyage. Only pages about in-game elements are allowed.
- Do not create pages about yourself or any other User.
- Do not create pages which contain advertisement of any sort.
- Do not edit any other user's profile page without their permission.
- Keep all edits appropriate. Foul language and obscene pictures will not be tolerated.
- Keep all edits as concise and informative as possible, using a clear and formal tone.
- Refrain from inserting personal opinions or information into pages. If you wish to write about these, feel free to do so in your user page or a blog post.
- Do not add GIFs on item pages.
- Do not add images not relating to Animal Voyage on articles.
This policy is for the Animal Voyage Wiki's images, to make sure all images are properly used. Most files are copyrighted under fair use, so we need to make sure we're copyrighting our images properly.
How to upload images to the Wiki
Images should only be uploaded to this wiki provided you are giving the following information:
- Licensing information
- When uploading an image please select a choice from the drop down menu on "Licensing". Most images will fall under fair use. If not, you can select a different option, based on the website you received it from.
How to use images on this Wiki
- Pictures should be named sensibly, preferably with a title that describes it, not a random series of numbers and letters.
- Do not upload fan-created images into articles - this means nothing that has been photo-shopped (apart from minor edits to improve clarity/quality) and no fanart.
- Please use high quality images wherever possible - if the only image you have is blurry then feel free to use that, but please look for as high quality as possible.
- Please try to not upload screenshots of your whole screen when trying to upload an image to an article. If possible, please try to crop the image as only the neccessary part is seen. If this is not followed, the image might be deleted.
- Try not to add multiples of the same or very similar images - images should complement articles, not overwhelm them.
- Please note: This Wiki should not be used for uploading images simply for use on other sites. Any images uploaded not relating to Animal Voyage on this Wiki that are not used somewhere on this Wiki will be deleted 7 days after the upload of the image.
Under what terms images should be deleted
Images should be deleted by Admins if:
- Images not related to Animal Voyage are not in use on any page on this Wiki 7 days after it was uploaded. (As mentionned above).
- They are inappropriate.
- They are used without permission of the original creator, be it on the wiki or off.
A user page is a page that tells the wiki about themselves, their goals, ect. They can be found by clicking the user's name or by typing User:USERNAME in the search box. (Replace USERNAME with the username.)
- Only the owner of the user page is allowed to change information on his/her user page.
- Other users may NOT change information on other user pages in any way without the owner's permission.
- Other users may fix typos, spelling errors, broken links, ect. without owner permission.
- Be nice!
- Be helpful!
- Be encouraging and mature!
- RESPECT OTHER USERS!!!
- No excessive capital letters or spam of any kind.
- No attacking other users.
- Bad language in not allowed.
- Please make sure your comment is appropiate and follows all of the rules mentioned above.
- Do not advertise any external websites.
- Do not advertise yourself in any way, shape or form.
- Not brag about yourself or anyone else.
- Use proper spelling and grammar at all times when editing.
- Not make references to things other people may not understand while editing.
- Make sure all spelling and grammar is correct on a article before you publish your changes, it's easier for us to manage!
Violation of any of these rules will result in warnings and consequences as discussed by the staff members. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask any of our staff members, who will be happy to help.
- The Animal Voyage Wiki staff